Severe Weather Recovery
If you experienced damage due to a storm, remember to:
- Secure the area - such as looking for dangerous fallen power lines or gas leaks - stay away from these areas if you notice such damage and call your insurance agent.
- If the area is safe, take photos of the damage and then take steps to mitigate any further damage that could happen. For example, if there is a hole in your roof, take steps to cover the area with a tarp to prevent further damage to the inside of your home.
- Immediately file a claim with your insurance company. Keep all photos and receipts, these will be useful in processing your claim.
- If you need help finding your company’s insurance claims number, please click here.
How We Can Help:
Our Office of Consumer Services can help answer your questions about property insurance or other types of insurance.
During this time of COVID-19 our team is available by phone or email only. They can be reached during normal business hours, Monday to Friday through email at email@example.com or through the phone at 803-737-6180 / toll-free: 1-800-768-3467.
- SC Emergency Preparedness Office
- Home Preparedness Guide.
- Home Inventory Checklist
- Plan and Prepare - FEMA.gov
- Plan Ahead for Disasters