Flood Insurance

Why is it Important to have Flood Insurance?

Water that enters the home from street flooding, an overflow of a creek, river or stream or storm surges are generally covered by flood insurance - not a homeowners or renters policy.

Coverage is available for homeowners and renters.

Flood insurance is available through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). To learn more about flood insurance, ask you agent and visit Floodsmart.gov.

Regardless of whether your property is considered to be in a flood zone or not, it is a very good idea to consider purchasing a flood insurance policy. The 1000 year flood event of 2015 is testament to the fact that floods can occur at any time, not only associated with hurricanes and wind events. As we witnessed from this event, many areas that have never flooded did during that event.

Report a flood insurance claim by contacting your agent or insurance company.  Find their toll-free number here.

For additional help, contact the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or view their website for more information.