Data Calls (P&C)
This webpage provides information and resources for P&C insurers relative to ongoing data calls.
Sample Premiums for Private Passenger Automobile and Homeowners Insurance Coverage
P&C insurers who write new private passenger automobile property and casualty insurance (personal auto) or homeowners property and casualty insurance (residential property) and meet one of the following criteria will be required to submit certain information to the Department on an annual basis:
- The insurer is in one of the top 25 national groups based on personal auto direct written premiums and has more than $1 million in personal auto direct written premiums in South Carolina, or
- The insurer is in one of the top 25 national groups based on homeowners direct written premiums and has more than $1 million in homeowners direct written premiums in South Carolina.
All other P&C insurers have the option to report the requested information and are encouraged to participate.
Notice: Guidance on Data Call Filing Timeline for 2014 PPA and Homeowners Insurance Sample Rates Pursuant to Bulletin 2014-03 (May 23, 2014)
Bulletin 2014-03: Data Call for Statistical Information for Private Passenger Automobile and Homeowners Insurance Coverage
Wind Pool Data Call
The Department has an ongoing data call that collects information to monitor the status of the property insurance market in the Wind Pool Territory. P&C insurers who actively wrote more than $1 million in premium for personal and/or commercial lines in the state in the previous calendar year must submit data on a quarterly basis by the 30th day following the end of each calendar quarter.
Related Materials and Resources
Data Call Template
Certification of 4th Quarter Data
Wind Pool Territory
Notice: Data Call Request for Policy Information on Risks Written in the South Carolina Wind & Hail Underwriting Association Territory (October 4, 2007)
Memorandum: Clarification of Data Call Request (October 23, 2007)
Bulletin 2008-08: Data Call Request for Policy Information on Risks Written in the South Carolina Wind & Hail Underwriting Association Territory
Bulletin 2009-14: Annual Certification of 4th Quarter Data for Wind Pool
Wind Pool Expansion Orders
- Order 2013-01: Renewal of Order 2011-01
- Order 2011-01: Renewal of Order 2009-01
- Order 2009-01: Renewal of Order 2007-03
- Order 2007-003: Additional Expansion of the SCWHUA Terriotry
- Order 2007-001: Expansion of the SCWHUA Territory