- American Red Cross - Information on hurricane safety, including:
- Know what a watch or warning means
- Prepare a personal evacuation plan
- Assemble a disaster supplies kit
- How to prepare for high winds
- What to do when a hurricane watch is issued
- What to do when a hurricane warning is issued
- What to do after a hurricane is over
- Wind speed zones and seismic design categories
- FLASH - The Federal Alliance for Safe Homes (FLASH), Inc. is a nonprofit, 501(c)3 organization dedicated to promoting disaster safety and property loss mitigation. The mission is to promote life safety, property protection, and economic well-being by strengthening homes and safeguarding families from natural and manmade disasters.
- Institute for Business and Home Safety - The Institute for Business and Home Safety’s mission is to reduce the social and economic effects of natural disasters and other property losses by conducting research and advocating improved construction, maintenance, and preparation practices.
- National Hurricane Center - Obtain information on preparing for and preventing loss from hurricanes.
- SC Emergency Preparedness - The SC Emergency Preparedness Office provides information about South Carolina Emergency Operations Plan, Hurricane Plan, Earthquake Plan, and selected other natural hazard plans.
- SC Wind and Hail Joint Underwriting Association - The SC Wind and Hail Joint Underwriting Association (SCWHUA) is the residual property insurance market in South Carolina. It provides coverage for the perils of wind and hail in the coastal areas of the state designated by the legislature as "beach."
- South Carolina Building Codes Council - The South Carolina Building Codes Council reviews, adopts, and implements mandatory building codes for South Carolina. The council works closely with the local city and county governments throughout our state.
- South Carolina Coastal Insurance Information - Obtain information provided by the South Carolina Department of Insurance about increases in the cost of coastal insurance, useful resources, and companies that offer coverage along the SC coast.
- South Carolina Insurance News Service - The South Carolina Insurance News Service is a nonprofit, non-lobbying organization that provides property and casualty insurance information to consumers and the media.